Thursday 24 November 2011

Indonesia: Nusa Lembongan

Our next stop after the brilliant Kuching was Nusa Lembongan which is a small island off the east coast of Bali. There are lots of little boats which leave from Sanur. When we first arrived in Bali I was really surprised by the nature of the development, I had romantic notions in my head but the reality of Sanur was somewhat different. We had read some reviews about Nusa Lembongan as it being the place you are always trying to find in Bali but never do, so you can imagine what we thought when the boat passed this......



A gigantic floating flume thing! There were loads of dodgy flume filled pontoons anchored in the bay making this supposedly idyllic island look more like Tenerife. As it turned out, the fun flumes and daytrip packages keep themselves to themselves and Nusa Lembongan is actually a really chilled out place to spend a few days.







Another fantastic meal at Ketuts Thai Place, Tuna curry - delicious


After doing my best to hide from the sun I managed to burn my bum while snorkelling, check out those lines


Seaweed harvesting 


And onwards to Bali



No comments:

Post a Comment