Friday 30 September 2011

Bordeaux: help x work/fun

We worked for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week at Le Ramet doing all sorts of tasks


stripping shutters with a hot air gun, then filling, sanding and painting them


A finished shutter next to a yet to be started. Renovating the shutters has changed the way I look at all of those rustic shabby french houses, before I used to thing they were so romantic - now I look at the shutters and think all of those bastards need to be sanded.


I spent a lot of time in the potager, podding peas...


weeding


and making rainbows with the hose


Using the tractor to try and rip out a very stubborn fig.

There were so many animals at Le Ramet - 6 jack russels, 3 great danes, millions of cats, horses, donkeys, goats (not all in the house!)



Chinoise & Tigre


My sister and I used to watch a film called the ugly daschund, it was just like that at Le Ramet - hilarious



Daniel & Patricia our hosts/french teachers/chefs...


Gregg concocting a cognac, coffee and chocolate delight called a push push


I have never eaten so well as at Le Ramet, we were treated to delicious French fare every day - eaten in the particular french way


And another amazing help x experience draws to a close, the car is packed and we head off North

No comments:

Post a Comment